Thursday, August 21, 2008

Weddings and an Engagement Shoot...

As you guys may or may not have noticed, I have stopped doing Weddings. Not because I don’t like it or because someone told me I was doing a bad job (I think some of my favorite pictures ever were taken at these last two weddings…) I have decided to focus on Kids and High School Seniors. (Hey, you can’t do everything, right??!)

Here’s one of my favorite pictures that I neglected to post the blog. We stumbled across it when we were going through the final pictures. This is Shannon… isn’t she gorgeous? I deliberately put her in this spot so the sun would light up her veil. I have to say that I will miss the veil shots!


HOWEVER... I still have some existing engagements and weddings to shoot before the end of 2009. The best part is that those brides are super cool, and the wedding day is going to be incredible. Hey, I didn’t say I don’t love doing it; there is nothing like having a “behind the scenes” pass and being able to witness such sincere beautiful moments. Oh, it’s the absolutely best part of wedding photography. No, but seriously, those of you that know me well know that I have zero time to myself. Something had to go, and so I chose weddings.

(Okay, so I am sensing that this is going to be a long post… sorry guys…)

On Saturday, I had one of my last Engagement shoots. Katie is a good friend of mine and I managed to talk her and her fiance Toby into Engagement shots. (This was a new concept to Toby and it took a little convincing.) We chose to go to Detroit’s River walk and shoot there. Despite the Tiger’s game at Comerica Park and the African Festival with oh, about 50,000 people, we did just fine. ;)

With Engagement shoots, I often shoot in series to complement an album. Here are some of my favorite from the shoot. They are such a cute couple…







Have a good evening!

Beth




3 comments:

Dayna said...

those are awesome!!! i have to say i'm sad to hear you are done with weddings :( but totally understand!

You rock woman!

Dayna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
slavica said...

These are so beautiful...I'm going to miss working with you.