Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Vegas, Baby!


So tomorrow afternoon I am off to the airport, on my way to yet another photography convention. HOWEVER, this one is a little different. Instead of 40 photographers, there will be ten thousand, and instead of the peaceful ocean, we are in crazy Vegas.

You have never seen something so funny as a room of about 5,000 people sitting and listening to a speaker where everyone has their cameras out, and is taking pictures of the speakers slides. First slide... "click" as people take a picture of the slide... second slide, 5,000 more cameras go "click" all at the same time. I literally laugh every time I see/hear it.

But it is amazing to be surrounded by so much talent. Many of the best photographers on the planet travel to the Wedding and Portrait Photographers (WPPI) Convention. This is where I learn about new products, so for those of you asking about albums (and there are quite a few of you...), I should have a lot more information when I return next Thursday.

As far as gambling goes, I am a wuss... I think last year I spent $5 in the Lucky Lemmings slot machine. The thing is, I would pay just to watch the little lemmings jump off the cliff into the water. (It's worth the $5, trust me...! It's really funny!)

However, my family got wind that I was Vegas-bound, and decided to come also. So, they will be exploring Vegas while I am in class. But, I'm sure we'll be out and about during the night, so I'm sure I can grab some pictures then and post them for all to see.

Okay, time to do laundry, pack, and get those last-minute orders in!

Have a great evening!

Beth

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Vegas!

~Tiesha