Friday, May 16, 2008

Head Shots!

Tonight I did some head shots for my good friend who I have known for almost 13 years now... Now, to be honest, I am not a big fan of doing head shots (they are usually pretty boring!)

Head shots are quite a bit different than regular pictures, because you must communicate an image, rather than the actual person you are photographing. The goal of head shots are to communicate to the casting director/art director that your pictures fit within their vision for their creation (whether it be a advertising piece, movie, catalog, etc.) For that reason, its very important to portray many different looks. (And you almost always have to look at the camera. B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!!)

How'd I learn all this stuff, you say? One of my dearest friends in the world, Gina is an actress. ;)

Anyway, here are some of my favorites from today...

Enjoy!

Beth


Okay, so this totally does NOT qualify as headshot material.. but it definitely captures her accurately! :)

0 comments: