Monday, June 23, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover

Well, many of you are probably wondering what happened to my blog. I'm usually pretty good at keeping up with it, but I have been BUSY - and I haven't been able to tell any of you why.

Well, as many of you know, I am a little nuts when it comes to my schedule. (Like the time I started a photography business while working full time, getting my MBA and moving to a new house.... but we won't go there...)

Well, this project wasn't quite as bad - but it was still pretty ridiculous. We decided to redo our landscaping in preparation for a surprise birthday party that we were hosting. So, in typical Beth fashion, we completed an aggressive plan (that should have probably taken multiple years to complete)... in about a month.

We ripped out trees, ripped out all the concrete, ripped out all the bushes, added fourteen yards of dirt and twelve yards of mulch, a new deck, and added new trees (some which weighed about 300 pounds....), and planted over a hundred plants. Oh yeah - and we redid our bathroom.

It looks awesome.... but I am soooo tired.

We hosted about 80 people at our party. My husband decided to make all the food (he is an amazing chef.) Seeing 50 red peppers and smelling 9 heads of garlic was really more than I think we bargained for, but the food was amazing.

So anyway, that's the reason I'm behind with blogging. But I have a LOT to post... so I'll get on with posting the fun stuff!

0 comments: