Sunday, June 29, 2008

All in the family...

Greetings from Alabama! (I shot a wedding here yesterday...) It was fun - and hot!

As you may or may not know, I have been training a dedicated second shooter to do weddings with me. I prefer to shoot almost everything by myself (kids and high school seniors), but weddings simply require a second person to ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible.

You see, the problem with weddings is that the photographer almost always need to be three places at the exact same time. Once, I actually had the sister of the bride scold me (she was furious) because I was taking pictures of the bride in a tender moment. She scolded me because I wasn't taking pictures of her daughter who was doing spins in her dress. At that moment, I vowed to always have a second person to accommodate even the most demanding client.

Well, I have been training a second shooter and he is... (drum roll, please.......)

...Lee!
Yep, I am teaming up with my husband to do weddings. He has learned extremely fast, and it turns out he has an eye for it... Here are some of Lee's pictures from yesterday's wedding - I think they are wonderful images, but you be the judge:







(Nice trees, honey...)



Okay, well, I had to throw the last one in there. When Lee saw it on the computer he said "Whoops!". (Notice I take credit for his good images, but not the last one... ;) Actually, this happens to even the best photographers... especially when people are moving.)

Well, that's all for now. I hope everyone is having a good day...!

Beth

PS: I am going to take a mini-vacation for the next two days while I am down here in Alabama, I'll resume business as usual on Tuesday afternoon. Thanks!

1 comments:

Dayna said...

haha! I had a great laugh while looking @ the final picture. Lee great job, we missed you both in Chicago and hope to see you soon!