Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Favorite things: Cakes!

I have thought about this recently, and I am going to start posting some of my favorite things - in terms of local vendors. In my experience, good help is hard to find, and so when I find something I think is a one of a kind, I want to make sure I tell the world about it... so, here goes!

We commissioned a professional to do the cake for my sister-in-law's 30th birthday. I have to say, the cake turned out amazing! (Since the cake was at our house, and I just happen to have a studio there... well, I snapped a couple pictures before it got all cut up.)



This cake was nothing like I had ever seen before. So cute! As you might expect, it was a big hit with the crowd at the party. But what you might not expect was the inside - the top layer was banana cream, and the bottom layer was a lemon cake. Both were wonderful. (We asked to steer away from the vanilla/chocolate route, because the birthday girl is anything but typical.)

So, if you need a one of a kind cake created for your special event, e-mail Katie at ka_norris@yahoo.com. She does great work!

Have a good day, everyone!

Beth


0 comments: