Thursday, February 28, 2008

More Updates from North Carolina

So, I am here in North Carolina learning about many of the tricks of the photography trade, and many of my peers have told me that my blog has to be overhauled. (I guess I never knew blogs were looked at that much. Apparently they are. Who knew!?!)

So, long-term the blog will be updated with my logos and lots of other fun stuff, but for now at least we have fun things like RSS feeds, which allow folks to automatically be notified when my Blog is updated.

Okay, so now for the more about the convention...

One would think that going to North Carolina in March would be warmer, right? Not so. It was 30 degrees out today. (At least don't have snow. My laptop constantly reminds me that it is 18 degrees in D-town right now!)

Today we had another shooting session with models. I felt terrible for them. They were in strapless wedding dresses, outside for about an hour. All in the name of getting fabulous shots from some of the best photographers in the country. We each prepare images for review and critique tomorrow. I haven't figured out which of the images I'll post, but here are some of my favorites from today:

Posed in front of a small building. We had him saying lots of funny stuff to her.


A new technique that uses textures to give a totally different feel to the image. This is used lots in High School Senior portraiture, and in some edgy wedding photos. (This probably won't be the image that Great Grandma orders for her mantle, but I think it's cool!)


More textures...



Here, I used the posing and the sun to create some dramatic lighting, especially on the groom.


A fun close-up...


More fun shots...


At the base of a lighthouse...


and last but not least, up in a tree...


Well, it's time for bed (we are up by 7:00 at the latest)... and I'm going to be sleepy tomorrow!

I'll post more soon,

Beth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love the Pics you took of Philip and I!!! They are GORGEOUS. If there are any more of us, I would love if you would email them so we could see. Thanks again.... You are awesome! KIM ..... the model with the green and fuschia make-up! Email- kimkuzan@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Kim, Thanks so much for your comments - you guys were so great! It was about 40 degrees outside and you guys were great sports about it. It must be something else to have 40+ photographers photographing you at once! I will definitely send you the pictures, but I'm afraid they might have to go snail mail... they are a little too large for e-mail! ;) -Beth

Cassie Scaldaferri said...

Beth, you really got some great shots at Love Affair. I had to download one of your wallpapers, as that is the beach where Stephen and I got married. I love the shots you got of Stephen and I in the window; incredible symmetry and texture. I saw Kim's request for copies, and if possible, I would love some, too! Thanks!!