Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Tricks": Shindledecker - Part II

Okay folks, I have something to admit: sometimes I play tricks on parents. Yep, I said it.

If a family does a shoot and the father is a friend of mine, I'll often call up and ask if they want to conveniently hide some of the pictures are frame them for Mother's Day... (Tricky, huh?!)

It’s funny. Sometimes when I look at the pictures I take of my clients, even I get a little teary eyed. Not like sobbing or anything, but I do kinda sit there in awe of the human spirit and just take it in. But whenever I feel that feeling, like “wow,… that’s a great moment”, I know the parents are done for. If I’m moved by the photo, then the parents are almost always a total disaster. (This is the ultimate form of flattery, by the way... please never apologize!) Well, my eyes watered a bit after seeing the photos from Chicago this weekend and how they turned out.

So, I was driving back from Chicago editing the pictures when I realized that the shoot I had just taken may have been my favorite infant shoot ever. I then called the Dad immediately and offered to hide the photos. For that reason, when I posted the original post (below), I posted only the "runners up". I hid the best stuff in case Dad wanted to use it for Mother's Day.

Now if you know this couple, you know that they are like two peas in a pod. Really... it's amazing. I know few couples that are so similar and fun-loving, have so many similar interests, and genuinely care for each other like these two do. So, when Dad got the pictures released to him, how long was he able to keep them hidden from her? Five minutes.

...but the good news, is I get to show you now. Judge for yourself.

(I hope you like them as much as I do!!!!!)

Mom was singing to this little girl. It was absolutely precious. She was smiling and I think this was her way of giving her mama kisses. And she's only sixty days old. What is more amazing that this?? (Folks, if your photographer is getting pictures of your baby without you in it... you're missing out! Getting your relationship on film is the best part!)
She's SMILING at Dad! 60 days old... I love it!!!


Mom and her daughter. What an incredibly peaceful moment.
Okay, so this is it: Probably my favorite infant photo ever. This is a moment you can't fake. This is the real deal. Mother and child. Wow.


So... that's it. Yes, they will be going on the website.
Hope you guys are having a god night!
Beth

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love these photos! Especially the second one. I can't believe she's smiling so early.