Friday, April 18, 2008

"Let's get to know each other..."

So, I got one of those e-mails from one of my good friends recently… and I thought rather than replying to an e-mail, I would go all out and post the answers on my Blog during lunch. So, here is a bit about me:

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I don’t think so.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
When the Tiger’s lost last night… No seriously, I think it was when I got two orders (very large orders) back to back within 5 minutes. I was on the phone with one client and the other came through on the Blackberry. Tears just started streaming down my face. I remember looking up to the sky and asking God what I did to deserve this? Why me? The success of this business has been unbelievable, and I don’t take it for granted.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING
Yeah… when I started out the business, I had no money to have someone create a logo for me. So I started signing my name with a Sharpie, and scanned it in. (I actually think it’s pretty funny.)

4. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Probably if I met me in the morning. Probably not if I met me in the evening. I get quiet and sleepy at night and tend to be boring.

5. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Yes – to a fault. I grew up in England (yes, I’ve lost the heavy accent that I used to have). But English humor tends to have a lot of sarcasm…

6. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Not without a Depends undergarment on. ;) I am SOOO scared of heights!

7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Cinnamon Life. My grandma introduced it to us when I was five. Every time I eat it I think of her kitchen.

8. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF
No - my hands are usually so full coming through the door pull them right off.

9. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG
Yeah… every pick up my camera with the battery pack, flash, and 70-200 VR on it? Try holding that up during a 45 minute ceremony. Your arms throb afterwards!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Dairy Queen Peanut Buster Parfait. Yum. (I know, I know…I kinda cheated on this question…)

11. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their facial expressions and mannerisms.

12. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I work too much and blow off the ones I love. (My friends, my family, and worse… my husband.) But I’m working on that.

13. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST
My family in New York (near Buffalo). I wish I lived closer to them. My Dad and paternal Grandma live near Batavia, and my maternal Grandparents and my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins all live around Buffalo. It would have been nice to grow up around them.

14. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black. (I think I seriously own about 10 pairs of black pants and about 4 pairs of black flat shoes.)… standard shooting attire!

15. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A Greek salad, no olives, no beets.

16. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Silence…

17. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Probably neon orange. (People usually tell me they can see me comin’ a mile away…)

18. FAVORITE SMELLS?
A fresh rose.

19. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My husband… (love him!)

20. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Football, hands down - especially when the Buffalo Bills are playing. I also follow the Tigers and the Pistons. Not so much Hockey or college.

21. HAIR COLOR?
Blonde

22. EYE COLOR?
Blue

23. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes. I am legally blind without them. (My prescription is a negative 9.)

24. FAVORITE FOOD?
My Grandma’s Orange Salad. It’s so good!

25. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings. I am a total cheese ball.

26. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
I’m not sure this counts, but we have been watching the mini-series John Adams on HBO. It’s really interesting!

27. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Orange. Maybe that explains my answer for #17?

28. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer… BBQ, friends and family… playing cards outside on the back deck until dark. So much fun!

29. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Guerilla Marketing

30. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Big red round mouse pad from IKEA.

31. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
Tiger’s game.

32. FAVORITE SOUND?
Les Miserables when Valjean sings “Bring him Home”

33. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles. Beatles 21 is an awesome CD

34. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Germany.

35. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Maybe. ;)

0 comments: