Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chicago

Okay, many of you may not know this about me, but I actually have an Engineering degree. (I know, I know... it has absolutely nothing to do with artistic ability, but my high school guidance counselor successfully talked me out of art school and into going to GMI in Flint. But that's a long story in itself...)

The reason I am bringing this up, is because if you know me well, you know that my husband (who also went to GMI) and I have a very large group of friends that we have managed to stay close with for almost 13 years now. How large a group of friends? Well, there are about 40 of us. Yes... forty.

We all decided to go see the Tigers play the White Sox in Chicago this weekend.... (for those of you who don't know this, we got slaughtered... but anyway.) I think about 35 people were able to meet up in Chicago. It's a huge crew, and everywhere we went people commented about how many Tiger's jerseys there were.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from this weekend (DISCLAIMER: I only had my little point and shoot camera with me when we were out and about... so please forgive the pitiful picture quality!)

Me and Lee (this is my husband).

My good buddy Josh who I have known forever, playing with his tiger "paws".
About half of the crew...

The guys with their "Rally Caps" on. Attempting to will us back from another loss.

A bunch of us lost on the train. Yes, I say lost because a.) we were standing outside in the 34 degree rain on the uncovered part of the station b.) waiting to go North when we were supposed to be going south. We rode one station and got out and took a cab to the game. ;)


Most all of the crew...
Walking in the rain at the train station. (This is a new filter I got when I was in Vegas... I really love what it does to the colors in this picture!)


My good friends Mel and Shannon, who are getting married soon. Yes, I will be shooting their wedding. (She is going to be an absolutely gorgeous bride!)


This is my brother, who you can probably recognize from previous blog posts. (He married a girl we went to school with...) I love this picture because he is most definitely making fun of me...
I have created a Slideshow of my favorite pictures, but I am not going to share it with the general public (there are some pretty funny pitcures in there of my friends!)

The Slideshow is available on my website. If you go to www.bethmerritt.com/_______ it will take you directly to the Slideshow. The "______" is the name of the name of the street that our hotel was on - in all lowercase.

0 comments: