Monday, February 9, 2009

What goes around, comes around....

The response to my Guindi posts has been mind blowing to say the least. I have been getting e-mails from all over the country, including other photographers and friends of Louise who are just saying (well, they are saying very nice things).... but they are also saying they're making plans to get someone to take their family pictures (with them in the picture!) The response is just incredible.

For the record, I am in the process of booking our family shoot in Buffalo for this spring. (Anyone know any killer photographers in Buffalo??)

In the meantime, I did want to end this little series of blogs on a bright note. I am getting all this attention and new buisness - more than I ever imagined... and it is all because of a charity event I donated to. That's right! The Guindi's were bidder on a silent auction I donated to! So photographers and small businesses out there: What goes around, comes around! Maybe instead of printing fancy marketing cards, you can help a local charity out with a donation or two.

Anyone know any great charities that are in need of donations this year? Folks, post your comments, with the names and numbers of the charity - and photographers, read the posts! It's crazy how far a little donation (like mine was) will get you.

Last but not least, we will be having the 3rd annual Halloween Charity event (so plan your costumes early!) This year, we will do ten minute sessions, and we will be limiting it to costumes only! No costume, no pictures! All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society (ACS), in the name of Louise Guindi. We will likely have the event in early October.

...Okay, that was waaay too vague...

Let's just schedule it....



...drumroll.....



....OCTOBER 10th it is! (Laura is going to kill me...) But anyway, mark your calendars. On a more serious note, this is a great event and a great cause. We don't make a dime on this - ACS gets every penny - and you get cute pictures of your kids!

As I said before I truly believe, what goes around, comes around. Maybe if we give this time, we will finally get back the ultimate gift........ a cure.

Hope you guys are having a good evening,

Beth

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth

I/we can't begin to thank you for documenting our family and providing such a memorable tribute to Louise. I must admit it is not often that we have hired someone who ends up being such a dear friend (and in such a short time)as you have been to us...I think that is in part why she wanted to see you again in her final days as she recognized our kids will have these memories forever.

I appreciate you holding the Halloween charity event in her name and the fact that you unknowingly selected our anniversary as the date must be a good sign for its success.

Keep up your valuable work for other families.

All our love. Larry and kids.