Sunday, February 8, 2009

Request from the Guindi Family

As a follow up to the post from earlier this week, the family has requested I post the final slideshow that was played at the funeral on Thursday. I wasn't going to do this because of the personal nature of the slideshow and because it is just so hard to watch.

I showed it to my mother last night, who came over to play cards. I left her alone to watch it. She came out with tears in her eyes and immediately said what I have been feeling all week: "if you never take another picture again, it will all have been worth it." I couldn't agree more.

I cannot warn you enough that this is a very powerful slideshow. As I said in my previous post, of all the art I have produced in my life, this is probably the piece I am most proud of. If you are at work, and about to meet up with your boss in 15 minutes, I would suggest you don't watch this now. I got the idea to intermingle the kid's artwork in the slideshow. That alone is a reminder of how young the kids are, and again, makes this very hard to watch.


I promise to make my next post something more upbeat. I know this has been a tough couple of posts!

I hope you are enjoying this heat wave...!

Beth

3 comments:

Lauren Leney said...

Dear Beth -

Your photography is incredibly moving. I first saw your work in Louise's 2007 Christmas card, and then again at Louise's house this past December. She invited me in to talk for a short while, and your book of photographs on the coffee table caught my attention. I was amazed at the beauty in each and every photo. I can't seem to stop looking at Louise's gorgeous picture, and have forwarded the link to her memorial to many of my friends so they could see it also. In church I had to look away from the slide show to keep myself from crying too hard. I now plan to forward this page to my friends as well.

I know Louise was extremely thankful for all that you did for her. You do wonderful work and you should be very proud.

(You have since also photographed my husband and daughter at the Hamilton Snowflake Ball. Thank you!)

Kari Dawson said...

Beth, that was amazing! You are truly beautiful and your clients are blessed to have you to preserve thier memories and relationships for generations to come!

ldmull69 said...

God Bless you Beth for the blog on Louise and the celebration of her life. She was an inspiration to all who knew her and she loved her family very much which was depicted in the photographs. Her legacy will endure in the hearts of those who knew her, which you captured in your photos. God Bless you for doing the blog again.

Larry Mullins,
Jr. and High School friend, college, and most importantly 4-H friends of Louises.