Monday, September 15, 2008

An update... "Circle of Life"

We just found out that my family member, (Lee's father)... is now in the hospital, and may not make it much longer. They thought he had pneumonia, but now they don't think so. It might be that the cancer has just spread that far. He is dying.

I am going to call the hospital tomorrow. If the nurses say "You need to come", I am going to listen to their advice. I will know more tomorrow.

I wish everyone could have known this man. He is so gentle and fun-loving, and I love him very much. He is one of my favorite people on this earth. It's so hard to see him go - especially like this.

For my sake, and for my husband's sake, I may need to cancel my shoots this weekend. I need to make sure I say good-bye before it's too late. I apologize for any inconvenience, but I just wanted to send out a warning to all my clients. Laura will call when we know more.

Thanks for your understanding and prayers...

Beth

9/16 Update (7:45am): We are waiting for confirmation, but we have been informed that his body is failing and he has only a couple days left with us. We will need to leave for Syracuse as soon as possible. Laura will be in contact with clients affected. I apologize for the huge inconvenience.

9/16 Update (noon): I was told that all is well and that he would probably be okay for a couple of weeks. I believe the nurse said "a month or less". So, we still decided to go this weekend, but not until Thursday am.

9/16 Update (5pm): He almost died about an hour ago. His lungs keep filling up. (How do you go from "a month or less" to "better come now... drive quick" in five hours?? I know they are doing the best they can, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.) Needless to say, we are making a beeline for Syracuse asap. Laura and Tristan will still be here to help while I am gone, and will be able to contact me if needed.

(Ohhhh, this is going to be awful...)

2 comments:

Brendan said...

Beth & Lee,

I will say a prayer for your family and that you will have some peace in such an awful time. I lost my father and the up and down of "things are getting better" to "it doesn't look good" are stressful and hard to handle in an already tough situation. Hang in there. Wendy

Anonymous said...

I'll keep your family in my prayers.