Sunday, December 14, 2008

Daddy-Daughter Dance

A little while ago, I received a e-mail that was truly humbling: a local elementary school had requested I shoot their Daddy-Daughter dance. They weren't shopping for photographers - they wanted me! I was blown away - and very flattered.

Well, I happily accepted, and on December 6th I shot 93 families in 180 minutes. (1144 pictures to be exact.) Now I have shot 600-person weddings, dealt with craze brides, etc, etc... but I have NEVER worked that fast in my life. It was a rush!

The highlight of the night had to be when the DJ played "Girls Just Want to Have Fun". The little ladies (literally) screamed and started dancing like crazy. (It reminded me of the New Kids on the Block concert I recently attended... 60,000 screaming 30 and 40 year old women... but we won't go there tonight...) I never knew Cindi Lauper was a hit with the 5-8 year old crowd!

Anyway, here are some of my favorites from the evening.

Enjoy!


The girls all got these beautiful head pieces to wear while they were there... They had ribbon coming out of the back and the girls loved them!




This was the reaction to Cindi Lauper... ;)




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

my granddaughter picture that was taken brings tears to my eyes, your work is so remarkable beautiful. thanks so much... carol bahl.. vella brownings grandmother