Monday, October 8, 2007

The family that started it all...

For those of you that don’t know how I got started doing photography, it was because of one of my very best friends needing some pictures for her son. With my new SLR in hand, I went over to her house to try out an experiment: children’s pictures. I had never taken a picture of a child before and had little to no clue what I was doing. About four hours and (literally) about 1,000 pictures later, we had the final pictures. (She had to practically kick me out of the house; I was so worried about not getting “the shot”!)

For the final pictures, I created an album to surprise my friend. Well, she liked the album a lot and showed everyone… and I mean everyone. Two weeks later, I started getting requests for photo shoots from people I have never met before, and viola… Beth Merritt Photography was born. So, if you like my work, thank my friend because without her, bethmerritt.com would not exist!

A ton of classes, about a hundred photo shoots, and many many books later, I have now managed to take a good cross section of pictures in under an hour, shooting considerably less than 1,000 pictures per session (can you imagine?!!)

Here are some of my favorites from this very very special family… (and look at how big the little boy that started it all has become!)

Enjoy!







0 comments: