Sunday, September 30, 2007

Introducing Metro Detroit's Happiest Baby...

Last winter, I took a class from Stacy Bratton, one of the premier children's photographers in the US. Among other things, she explained that it's a general rule that all children's shoots should be done in the morning, with as few going past 2 pm as possible. (Children are almost always happier in the morning.) She said that she has done very very few successful shoots after 4pm, and now refuses to schedule at such times. I have heeded her advice very closely since that class and have had much success as a result.

But yesterday, I discovered what may be the happiest baby in Metro Detroit... I have photographed her twice and have yet to see her cry. Our on-location shoot began at 4pm, and this little girl is all smiles! I was able to take advantage of the setting sun, something I am rarely able to do. The pictures came out fabulous, albeit because the weather was cooperating, but mostly because of this darling little girl.

Here are some of my favorites from the shoot...

Enjoy!

Beth







0 comments: