Sunday, February 7, 2010

Update from Fall, New Studio!

Hello everyone!


I have recently received a bunch of e-mails asking how I am doing following my fall. I realized I should have provided a blog update a while ago. However, most of you follow me via Facebook now, so I have kind of neglected the blog.

Fall Update

Well, I fell on a Friday, and by the next Wednesday I was unable to walk without assistance, unable to look at bright lights or listen to anything loud, and - worst of all - I couldn't really understand simple things. It was hard to read and hard to process thoughts. I could read words, but their meaning was lost. I wound up getting help from a new physician who helped me understand what was happening and why. I think in the end, her ability to calm me was more valuable than anything. I was really scared.


After a couple of weeks on the couch (literally), I dragged Tristan to the studio with me and we did a mock session with a moving teddy bear to see if I would be able to take pictures. In the end, I kept falling down, and none of the pictures were in focus. Hence the reason we ended up cancelling almost everything for the rest of the year.


New Studio…


It is now February, and I'm good. I'm now confident on my feet. I have done some shoots and am pleased with the results. Lee and I had some serious discussions as to whether this photography business would continue... and we arrived at an answer we would have never guessed. In late December, I was e-mailed by a very talented photographer who expressed an interest in working for me. We talked at length, did about 50 hours of number crunching, and in the end we ended up hiring her and leasing a commercial space.

I know, I know... I contemplate the idea of taking things down a notch and wind up with a team of four and a studio space. (I must have hit my head harder than I thought!)


So, we have lots of changes... We have a new Office Manager, Shelli and a new photographer, Sarah. Tristan is still here (...and I'm hoping he never leaves!) We have products and promotions that we will be rolling out over the next few months, and I am more excited about what’s going to be happening this year than I have been in a long, long time…



Here is a picture of the studio taken with a camera phone... not too great, but at least you guys can see what it looks like... It is located at 16 and Woodward, near downtown Birmingham.



For those of you that like to follow our work, I strongly suggest you tag us in Facebook. We tend to post in there quite a bit as a result of client requests.


Thank you very much for all your concern. I know many of you kept me in your prayers, and I am so very grateful…


I hope you have a wonderful day!

Beth

0 comments: